Saturday, January 19, 2008

Justice Fabric Not Fabric Material



I first found out about the intended release of a Justice Fabric Live from a blog I frequent called Hipster Runoff, who were pretty excited about Justice personally picking Symbol One for their compilation, see Carles' post about them here.

Then I found this press release (if anyone knows the password it refers to somewhere in there that'd be cool...) saying:

NB: FABRICLIVE: JUSTICE has unfortunately slipped from our schedule for the moment. FABRICLIVE 37: CASPA & RUSKO is the correct release.
Then I heard via text that Xavier de Rosnay said:
"They [Fabric] weren't ready for something like this."
Now I've heard that Fabric PR has changed their tune, citing thier reason for rejecting the mix was due to it being 'too short', with the previous mix from James Murphy & Pat Mahoney (DFA Records / LCD Soundsystem dot com) being 30 minutes and 10 seconds longer. But it's still fucked up of Fabric to reject it, because WTF does it matter how long a mix is, if its fucking gold? I'd say they were losing touch if the last couple F.L's hadn't been such bangers.

Anyway, here it is, because, as I haven't mentioned before, the mix was released by Justice themselves as an Xmas Gift Mix...

Mini-Art:



Tracklist:

01 - Sparks – Tryouts For The Human Race
02 - Rondo Veneziano – La Serenissima
03 - Goblin – Tenebrae
04 - Daft Punk – Ouverture
05 - Surkin – Next Of Kin
06 - Symbolone – Love Juice
07 - Korgis – Everybodys Gotta Learn Sometimes
08- Midnight Juggernauts – Ending Of An Era
09 - The Paradise Ft Romauld – In Love With You
10 - Justice – TTHHEE PPAARRTTYY (Acapella)
11 - Chic – Everybody Dance
12 - Frankie Valli – Who Loves You
13 - Das Pop – Underground
14 - Julien Clerc – Quand Je Joue
15 - Daniel Balavoine – Vivre Ou Survivre
16 - Richard Sanderson – Reality
17 - Zoot Woman – Grey Day
18 - Fucking Champs – Thor Is Like Immortal
19 - The Rave – Mother
20 - Fancy – You Never Know
21 - Frank Stallone – Far From Over
22 - Sheila – Misery
23 - Todd Rundgren – International Feel

Click here to get the mix from Share-to-the-Z (thanks to whoever upped it. i don't up mixes. all i did was some gee-oogle-ing. its ~50MB)

Links down so get it from this giant stereo

BTW I'm getting me a new phone check this shiziz out.

Also if your not normally a Justice fan, you should still check this out. Lots of peeps have been saying this was the mix has changed their mind.

5 comments:

His Whoreness said...

I bought myself a k800i after Never Ever Land because my piece of shit phone at the time couldn't take any decent shots or footage, so just like Golda Meir, I swore "never again"

The mix is pretty good but length matters when you're marketing a CD mix, although I'm surprised Fabric didn't clarify it required mixes to be so long

DiscGoIsUm said...

Cool to see you're watching whore. And thanks for the linkage in your blogroll.

I was hoping I'd get some comments about the phone. I've heard it was a bit bulky & hard to get used (?) to. I figure that wouldn't worry me too much tho, my first Ipod was about 5cm thick..

And you're right about the mix length, it matters when marketing, but I don't think that's what music is about. Not to me anyway, tho I'm no marketeer. I figure they'd of have a pretty good makret by saying either; this is 'Fabric Live 37', go buy it. Or this was made buy 'Justice', go buy it.

His Whoreness said...

The one thing I'm finding takes getting used to is the tiny button pad positioned kinda awkwardly at the bottom of the phone - makes one-handed txting a bit difficult but thats hardly the end of the world

I quite like it myself - such a hot phone

DiscGoIsUm said...

Cool cool. I went into the shop to see it today. Just got to wait till my contract ends on Friday now. And it comes with a free iPod, even if it is just a shuffle, should be alright for when I can't be bothered lugging around my 160 Gigger.

His Whoreness said...

see if you can score an m2 card for the phone to significantly expand the memory capacity should you want to take plenty o' 3mp photos and high quality video footage

it also means you can load it up with hot mp3s as personalised ringtones