Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Apocalypso!



YOU CAN PRE-ORDER THE PRESETS NEW ALBUM 'APOCALYPSO' (FUCK YES) FOR $20, NOW!




Click Click Click Buy Buy Buy

Its not offen you google something and only get 1 result, let alone that one result being completely irrelevant. But thats how much this must be on the low down, so sorry if this post is disjointed but I'm buying some copies as I type (seriously, I just bought 3).

Here's what I know:

The Presets (if you're not already, go be their friend, you'll thank me for it) are releasing their second album 'Apocalypso', two years after the massive success of their debut album 'Beams' and their two EPs 'Girl & The Sea' & 'Blow Up'. Recently playing on the Australia Daft Punk tour circuit and being rated up there with the two robots and their friend SebastiAn & Kavinsky, and before that, going around the world (forgive the pun) playing some major festivals. It's due for release (according to JB) on the 4th of the 4th, 2008.

From JB Hi-Fi:
Ranging from expansive, emotive techno, to future pagan house and choral space funk, Apocalypso demonstrates the band's undeniably canny knack for welding hook-laden pop to the most singular and exciting sounds today. Along the way The Presets have become one of Australia's most in-demand live acts, and after two non-stop years touring the major festivals of the world, they've managed to capture some of this energy in these new recordings. Welcome to the world of Apocalypso.

Due to only finding out about this approximately 10 mins ago, forgive me if I haven't been able to track a tracklist down for it. But believe me it is bound to include their recent smash My People (video / track / remix below) and possibly even the other 'untitled' (or possibly titled 'Kicking & Screaming') track they were debuting infront of The Pyramid in Aus.

That's all I got for now...

Hang on, did I mention the CD is SIGNED by both Julian Hamilton and Kim Moyes? Well it is.

Buy it already, or miss out!

Anyway, here's some other Presets related stuff to tide you over until 4/4/08:

Untitled Track (possibly named Kicking & Screaming) (filden) (zshare)

This is a 128kbps live version of this track by The Presets and was recorded in Melbourne (2008.12.13) on the very first night Daft Punk ever played in Australia.

My People (The Video)




My People (Track & Remix)

Click Click Click

This is bringing back memories, BDO 06, The Love Boat...
Awesome.

1 comments:

His Whoreness said...

I just preordered it - cheers of the heads-up - April can't come soon enough!