Thursday, November 22, 2007

Presets: Rougher Than Something Rough

So I was going to post this new Presets track when I first found it but decided to wait till I found a version better then the one I ripped from their mySpace. So I waited, about this morning, when I woke up in an alcohol induced haze, I found it:

The Presets - My People (See newer post for higher quality, or get this one still if you've got limited bandwidth/hearing)

Thanks to the folks at Sky Report and their 128kpbs.

This track is a new direction for the Presets, and I like it. Its a lot rougher and dirtier than the stuff on their last album. The synths are so heavy, an although it might not have all the hand clapiness of their their other stuff, it is still so fucking catchy and the drums just "Feel So Good!", "Scream If Your With Me" (Bitches!)

Compare & Contrast: A Photographic Essay on The Presets



LEFT:
Big Day Out 2006 - The first photo of the day (as they played at like midday!)
RIGHT: Big Day Out 2007 - One of the last photos of the day (as they played just before headliners of the boilerroom Crystal (Fucking Awesome) Method!)

Comparing Pictures - Just as awesome!
Contrasting Times - First of all, WTF were they doing on at midday!?, and secondly this shows how much they took off in one year!

More pictures from BDO'07:



0 comments: