Saturday, December 22, 2007

Grafton Horror!

Daft Punk will have left the building this time tomorrow, well actually, hopefully they won't have, hopefully they'll be at the after party with me at the metro. But alas, if they are not I will definitely be coming home content after seeing them strut their stuff all over the Sydney Showground. Stay tunned...



I caught Grafton Primary here in the gong at our local gay and lesbian friendly (not only!, although they do have a rainbow flag behind the bar). They went off pretty well, the crowd was pumping, not sure if this was due to their music or the camera crew they had walking round the joint. The original duo of Josh and Ben Garden from Sydney, added Robbie the drummer to help reproduce their sounds on the stage. Which they did pretty well, although I must say, I was disappointed they didn't crack out the keyboard axe.



Check out their track relativity and the Tommy Trash remix:

Grafton Primary - Relativity (zshare) (ysi)
Grafton Primary - Relativity (Tommy Trash Remix) (zshare) (ysi)

Also check out their interview with JJJ where they they discuss their interesting take on how each generation of musicians takes in the lasts and outputs it in a different way, and how each generation should try to appreciate the similarities and embrace the music.

I grabbed a copy of their EP after the show, which they were selling out of the boot of their car for $5 (which is pretty cheap), if you wanna pick it up check at itunes or jb-hi-fi.

The DJs on after Grafton were pretty regular, and by regular I mean I went downstairs so I didn't have to listen to them, which is pretty unfortunate considering the DJs were Miami Horror and they were (practically) the 'headliners' of the night. Before heading downstairs tho, they played one of the shittest mixes of Daft Punk's 'One More Time' I've ever heard, which still managed to get people dancing, tho the original, or probably any other mix in the world would have done so more. So that was kind of disappointing, but I'm not closing the book on them yet, as most of their own remixes are pretty damn fine. I'll post some later, at a time when I'm not going to a festival in 8 hours and dancing for 14 after that, now tho, it is time for sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I wanted these tracks so much. thanks

DiscGoIsUm said...

Glad you found them Alix!