Sunday, December 9, 2007

Romanoff Spitzer: Keepin' It In The Family

It may sound like some fucked up cocktail, and it probably would be if they ever collaborated, but for Romanoff and Spitzer are two (separate) duos I've really been digging lately.

In the spirit of alphabeticalness, firstup is Romanoff

Romanoff

So is was going to say I couldn't remember how I found out about these guys , and how it could have been from any of these on-top-of-it sources from my blogroll... versus / radio sidekick / attorney st / phase02 / get weird turn pro ...But then I remember it was them that found me!

They befriended me on myspace, and after seeing their background picture...



I knew I had to check them out, how could I not?! So I did and they were cool...

Romanoff consists of two cousins (keepin it in the family y'all!) straight outta Brooklyn, NY. Their live shit is off the hook (you can see that from their pics) and besides NY they have already spread their balls of destruction all over Europe, with more coming up soon.

What do you want me to do about it I hear you ask? First of all you've got to check out the one and only Romanoff's myspace, it'll have you fist-pumping your balls into an epileptic fit. It's seriously one of the best myspace pages I've seen, none of that clutter up the page shit, it's so bare that all you can find is their music! How crap is that! And then once you've said 'fuck it, i supposed i'll download their shit if i have too', you find out they've gone and given it to you for free at 320kbps, like the highest quality possibly, just another punch in the face!

Seriously though, after some tough investigative journalism, I did find one piece of information on their myspace, and that is that they call their music 'Thrash / Tropical'. I'd say it was more Punk-Rock, Thrashed up the arse of an Electronic Elephant from the Tropical regions of Russia. But thats just me. Check it out for yourself after the drop.

Romanoff - Stupider Bananas (at least I think thats what it's called, filename says one thing, tag says the other, website says one thing, myspace track player says another) (zshare) (ysi)

And now for...

Spitzer



Once again, this duo is keepin' it in the family, comprising of French brothers Damien & Matthieu and they also found me, sending me their stuff to enlighten my ears. The info they gave me said, and I agree, that they produce Electronic music using computer machines. They want to make you dance and they don't listen to Christian Rock.

What more could you ask for?

Several things actually:
Ask if they can remix your tracks
Ask if they can play your club
Ask them for more tracks / when their 'Roller Coaster EP' is coming out

How?

Find out on their myspace

Now for the audio goodnesss that is Yatch Club. If this duo put any more brotherly love into their tracks I'd be calling the police! It's also their longest track so you can enjoy the love for longer.



Spitzer - Yatch Club (zshare) (ysi)

On another note:

BOOYAAA!

is now coming at you inside the hype machine (if I can be bothered to YouSendIt or direct host the tracks I blog) I'm also pretty proud that my first track up there was The Presets - My People, check it out yo.

That's me out out for a while, as I'm off to Melbourne for the start of what shall be known as Daft Punk Christmas!


(Click for hugeness)

The counts at 3 sleeps for their very first show in Aus on Dec 13th at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne (tickets still available, last time i looked, check out for yourself here), then 9 sleeps after that for their very last show, not just in Australia but of their whole freaking world tour! on Dec 22nd at Sydney Olympic. Should be freaking awesome. If I don't hit you up with more bangers before Daft Punk Christmas Show #1, then when I do, I'll also have some fresh Daft Punk fotos/footage!!

(btw awseome does not even begin to explain how this show will make me feel, Daft Punk alone would be better than awesome , but this is a fucking festival!)

Can't wait eather? Get a fix...

Daft Punk - Technologic (Peaches No Logic Remix) (zshare) (ysi)
Over & Out.

0 comments: